Friday, March 28, 2008

Go Team 9!

So, rodeo season is over...kind of bitter sweet! I received my 5 year service pin this year and am proud to be a member of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. I am even more proud to be a member of the Rodeo Express Committee Team 9. What a wonderful group of people to be associated with. In a time when so many people have a "What's in it for me?" attitude, this is truly a group of people that are in it to serve.
I am glad to say that my team members are my friends and I truly care about what happens to them. We had an outstanding group of rookies this year and they really stepped up. I had team members that came to volunteer even though they were injured, most come directly from a long day at work and some come from being at home with their children all day. Others went to work after their volunteer shift to work a full night at their regular jobs. This is truly dedication at its finest and the spirit of volunteerism shines through!
So, to my team mates...thank you for adding to my life! I look forward to seeing you guys all year long. The laughs we share, the meals we eat together (thanks Chuck Wagon Team...your rock!), the bus fumes we inhale together....all of this lifts my heart when I think about all of you! May you all be blessed with a happy and healthy year. May we all return next year to make more memories and share more laughs!



No comments: