Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A cause for celebration...actually two!

So Dr. Conlon's (the oncologist) office called and my results came back...I am going to be fine!! Yippee!! I couldn't be more joyous about this news. I still have some issues with my blood clots, but everything and anything else they were looking for is all clear.

The last week has left me with a heavy heart wondering what would happen to my family if something were to happen to me, who would watch out for my kids, who would take care of Nick. I spent alot of time stressing and talking to family. It is quite surreal to tell your family members your wishes if the inevitable were to happen. I know that my family is my strength. They are a group of completely outstanding people. It is hard for me to remember that just a few short years ago these people were not family members. They have all truly opened their hearts to me and Emmeline. I have 2 great mothers-in-law, incredible sisters-in-law and remarkable brothers-in-law. I would never worry about my kids with them around.

I have family that would raise my kids to love the outdoors and love the simplicity of life.

I have family that would raise my children with dignity and class and make sure that they get an education.

I have family that would forever be there for my kids.

My mother has been my saving grace the past week and I am shocked at my mother's level of sacrifice for me....AND I cannot forget to mention Nick who has been my cheerleader throughout all of this. He has told me to be upbeat and positive...that God would not have brought us together to separate us so quickly. I so dearly love this man for who he is.

So...I will rejoice and go to my next appointment with Dr. Conlon on Friday with a smile and renewed sense of being...but first I will celebrate my 35th birthday on Thursday...surrounded by family!!

2 comments:

tripntwinmom said...

Happy Happy Birthday Dear Friend!!!! You have MANY raesons to celebrate this year!

I am so happy to hear that everything is FINE! Yippee!!!!

Heather said...

seriously fun times, and apparently I haven't been checking out your blog nearly often enough... I'm so behind!!
SHUT UP! MADONNA! =)