Monday, August 11, 2008

My 35th Birthday...

was AWESOME! I can honestly say that this was the best birthday I have ever had. I feel so overwhelmed that my family did so much for me this year. Emmeline made a cake by herself....utterly amazing. She worked so hard and I was so impressed!

Nick sent flowers to my work and then took us to dinner with my mom on Thursday (my actual birthday) to Miyako's. If you know me, you know I love this place. My mom got me a fabulous new purse...thanks mom...love it!!

On Saturday everyone got together for dinner at Rudi Lechner's. It was a first for most everyone in the family. This restaurant is truly one of a kind! If you love German/Austrian food or if you have never tried it, take the time for this place. You will not be disappointed!! Some pictures from dinner are here.

Between doing the chicken dance and stuffing our faces, I got to open presents. The Kellers added to my charm bracelet for me. My nephew picked out the cutest charm ever. Thanks CAM! You are such a sweetheart!!

Nick and the kids picked out birthday cards together for me. He even helped Ethan write his name....yeah, I know he cheated but it was way cute!! Nick had been very secretive about my gift and I truly had no idea what was in store for me. When I opened the card I was just shocked...floor tickets to MADONNA!!! Shut up!! So...come November 16th, Heather, Brent, Nick and myself will be rocking out to the Queen of Pop herself. I can't wait!!

On Sunday, we vegged out and went to the park. Ethan and Emmeline got to feed the ducks and play at the aquatic park. It is fun just watching them together.

Gifts, cake, cards, and flowers aside, this birthday was very meaningful to me. I got to spend it with family. Yes, we have our dysfunctions (who doesn't, right?), but we love with no end, we are protective of our own and we know that when the cards are down, there will always be someone there to catch you.

Thanks to everyone that made my birthday so special...I love you all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad to hear that all is well. :)